PM Jay Policy to cover every citizen in two to three years

Pm Jay health Cover

National Health Authority (NHA) officials have said, the Indian government is planning to provide the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), popularly known as Ayushman Bharat to every citizen.

Currently, PM  Jay covers 40% of citizens and that the government is taking several measures to cover every Indian citizen.

“Taking a cue from the NITI Aayog report, universal health coverage in India will become a reality in the next two-three years. Implementation authority will most likely be the NHA, as it makes little sense to create a separate authority as we already run PM-JAY,”  said Indu Bhushan, CEO PM-JAY

PM Jay currently covers 10 Crore Families (approximately 50 crore people) and provides healthcare worth 5 lakh rupees. Families will be covered in both private and government hospitals.

According to officials 20% of Indians are under state cover and PM jay is covering 50 % Indians and they only need to target the rest 30% in the coming years.

“All in all up to 70 percent of the population is already covered; the rest 30 percent that is excluded are tax-paying citizens and those working in the private sector,” said a senior NHA official.

“In two to four months we will make sure that PM-JAY is extended to all CGHS claimants,” the official said.

The also said the schemes will be a little different for tax-paying citizens with a modest premium deducted for extending the cover.

“This may or may not be the case… at this stage as we await orders, all possibilities are conjectural,” said the officials.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *